Peanut Butter, Bacon and Banana… This may seem like an unusual combination but I assure you it ROCKS!
First things first, I have to admit right here to all my bloggy friends and family who read this that I AM A PEANUT BUTTER ADDICT. I have a problem and maybe by admitting it I can get help… Oh wait. I don’t want to be cured 🙂
I love absolutely everything about this combination. The melt-y goodness of peanut butter soaked into smoky bacon with the sweetness of a little banana is probably one of my favs. Although a spoon and a giant tub of peanut butter satisfies me on a regular basis too.
I was out last night with my friend and we were talking about todays blog and she immediately asked what made me come up with this combo or ever think it would be good. So I explained to her about my first experience with a similar combo.
When I was young I went to boarding school and all meals except Sunday’s were whatever the kitchen was making on mass for everyone. But on Sunday’s, we were allowed to roll into the dining restaurant and order from the kitchen whatever we wanted. Which I have to say was almost always one of two things: grilled cheese or toast sandwich with peanut butter and bacon. After those years of having that almost every Sunday, it has become one of my top 5 things I’d eat before I die.
Watch for my killer PB and Bacon Burger coming soon.
Grilled Peanut Butter, Bacon and Banana SandwichCourse: Kitchen Tips
8 thick slices rustic sourdough
8 tablespoons peanut butter
16 slices thick cut smoky bacon
- Place bacon on a large griddle top and cook on medium until crispy. Keep bacon fat but cleanout any burnt crumbs
- Lay out bread with matching sides. Spread 1 tablespoon peanut butter on each slice. Press 4 slices of bacon into the peanut butter on the bottom slice
- Slice banana in thin horizontally pieces and put on top of bacon
- Top with the second piece of sourdough pressing down slightly
- Bring the bacon fat to medium heat and grill all 4 sandwiches, turning so each side is golden brown and crispy
- Slice in half and serve immediately!